2.08.2011

It's All About the Bottom Line

...and in this case, that's absolutely accurate.

I happened to catch this television spot recently for Luv's diapers. Granted I am not in the target audience for this product (my diaper-buying days are long past), and I don't consider myself a prude, but I found this spot offensive, disgusting and not funny. It was memorable only because it was so irritating and I couldn't believe it made the cut as a tv spot.

As a parody of American Idol, Luv's "Heavy Dooty Championship," rates the babies filling their diapers. It ends with the tagline, "What happens in diapers should stay in diapers."

The spot is from Saatchi & Saatchi, New York. Bet the creative team had a hoot with this one. Sure doesn't look like a portfolio piece.

According to Procter & Gamble, though, sales are up on the Luv's brand. And, in the end, it's all about delivering the goods.

1 comment:

Pen and Ink said...

I love the tagline "What happens in diapers should stay in diapers." That is priceless. But I don't need to know more than that. Good for you for calling it as you see it or don't want to see it. I agree...in the end.