8.22.2009

Fruit heaven


Eating healthfully this time of year is so much easier with the profusion of beautiful fruit and vegetables in this area. Thankfully Montgomery County has kept much of the county as farmland preserves so we have very easy access to the beautiful Maryland countryside and area farms. I have enjoyed the 20 minute scenic drive out to Kingsbury Orchard regularly this summer for their delicious peaches and nectarines....the people are nice, the prices are quite reasonable, and the fruit is the epitome of summer luciousness.

Check out these lovely Freestone peaches I purchased today -- likely nearing the last of the season. In a couple of days I will enjoy these on my cereal, with blueberries, and just eating a fresh, whole peach.





What I didn't expect today, nearly the end of August, was a sign of Fall...the ripe and beautiful Gala apples that were at the orchard today. Once I tasted the free sample I knew it was apple time again...and bought an enormous bag of Galas. Perfect snacking! I put them in a bowl on the kitchen table to enjoy the beautiful color and to keep them within easy reach. Nice!




No comments: