1.03.2011

Paddling upstream (or going with the flow?)

Potomac River, Great Falls
The first Monday of a new year holds such promise. It’s opening the calendar to a new work week, the holiday revelry is behind us, and the to-do lists start over. I get excited about a new year the same way I was excited about starting a new school year when I was a child. Now the decision looms…what will you make of this year? 


While others return to work after their holiday breaks, I will return to the job search committed to:

  • Another chance to do it right
  • Focusing on myself and what I want my life to be
  • Areas to cultivate
  • Learning: Expand knowledge of and practical uses for business of additional social networking and online marketing sites
  • Developing multiple revenue streams

Sometimes life as job seeker feels like you’re paddling upstream and not making much progress. But I’m hoping for smoother sailing in 2011.
C&O Canal, Great Falls, Maryland

No comments: